I recently installed Office 365 ProPlus on my notebook and found that it downgrade the Channel Update to my Project Online Desktop Client to Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) which if you work with Project Online (PWA) is not good as you need the monthly updates.
There are many articles on how to change the update channel on a single machine. Here’s one giving you an overview on how the update channel works:
But happens if you don’t have the permissions to change the update channel or when you have to change many computers?
Well the good news is that you can change the default setting for the update channel for all users in the Office 365 Admin Center!
Step 1 – Modify the Office 365 Update Channel Settings
1. Log in to Office 365 Admin Center
2. Expand Settings –> Service & add-ins and click Office software download settings.
3. Select Every month (Monthly channel), click Save and click Close.
Ideally, you would would want to configure this setting immediately when you purchase your Office 365 subscription.
Step 2 – Manually Update Project Online Desktop Client
1. Open Project Online Desktop
2. Click File –> Account and click Update Options and click Update Now.
This should start the Office download process
When the update has been installed you should receive the following message:
3. Close and reopen Project Online Desktop
4. Click File –> Account.
The Update Channel should be changed to Monthly Channel, as shown below:
Hope this helps!